Tuesday 22 March 2016

MY PEOPLE ARE BEING KILLED AND MAIMED



1. My Name is Kamo Sende.
2. I am an adult Male Nigerian.
3. I am from Ikyurav-Tiev in Katsina-Ala local government of Benue State.
4. My people are everyday killed, mianmed, battered and assaulted on their own land by the Fulani herdsmen.

5. We have everyday tried to put our complains before the Government of the day but we have not been heard as nothing tangible has been done to that effect.
6. My peoples blood has been used to soil the land and make it fertile for the grass to grow so as to enhance proper grazing for the Fulani man's cattle.
7. We have been unheard and nobody has paid attention to our tears.
8. Very recently, over 300 of my people were killed in a day by the same Fulani herdsmen.
9. My people have no source of water as the only source of bad river water they drank has been taken over by the fulani cattle and is no longer safe for drinking.
10. My peoples homes have become a resting place for the herdsmen after a "tiring" day.
11. My peoples ancestral home has been termed "Grazing Reserve" and our ancestors resting place has been proposed to be the feeding place of the Fulani cattle.
12. My people have no rest.
13. Foxes have holes, birds have nests but my people have no place to lay their heads.
14. Because nobody will speak for us we have resolved.
15. Because there is no one to fight for us we have chosen.
16. Because we have no strength for violence we will employ diplomacy.
17. Because the powers that be are not for us we have chosen a path...
18... A path to save our breed and to keep our kith and kin.

A path to save our selves collectively.
A path to put to rest our slained matyrs.
19. I and others have made a resolve today to....
20. #BoycottBeef #BoycottBeef #BoycottBeef #BoycottBeef #BoycottBeef.

We will stop funding the bullets that kill us.
We reject grazing reserves on our ancestral lands.
We will not be killed and broken forever.
I Kamo the son of Tyonongu Sende Gaase has decided to #BoycottBeef to save my people.
#SaveBenue #BoycottBeef.

Kamo Sende

2 comments: